Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Last Turkey Talk...

So a final turkey talk post seems like a must before December comes storming in tomorrow...

We had a wonderful and very blessed holiday.  Hosting Thanksgiving for the first time in a long time was a family event...we all loved it.  In a few short months Rich and I will be "empty nesters."  And while we have worked to give our girls wings...we know that in this uncertain world we live in, they want to have their family home and traditions to come back to.

So here are a few pictures from our day...

We started the day with french toast made by Rich and then watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
The girls peeled potatoes
and ironed napkins

while I tended to the turkey

Family started arriving...Mary Jo got right to work in the kitchen while Sue delivered coffee in her festive fall apron


I prefer not to be present for this part...I like the turkey much better during its presentation stage!


After a rousing game of croquet (is that possible?) and more pictures we gathered and gave thanks...meanwhile the rolls were burning in the oven : )

This picture of my cousins reminds me of my aunt and uncle...ok..also my grandmother...anyone agree?

Claire throws me over to go to Sue for some dancing...but only after some begging on Sue's part ;)

We ate too much, laughed, sang , danced, and made memories! 
It was a grand day!

No comments:

Post a Comment