Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

It's December 1st and when I woke up this morning the temperature was only 38 degrees!!!  I wanted to hug the weather man! I know people move to Florida everyday to enjoy year-round summer weather.  Not this girl.  I have been here for more than a quarter century (OMGosh...doesn't that sound like a really long time?) and I still want "sweater weather" to magically appear in December!  So today I will be happy and won't complain later when I am out doing my five miles : )...okay I probably will a bit, but I can always come home and start a fire in the fireplace. Woohoo!

I have finished decorating the house...something I really love doing. As I look around I realize that the things I put out year after year tell a story of our family's life together. We are a sentimental family...I will share some pictures and traditions during the coming weeks.

Today I will share a couple of cute pictures we took over the weekend for our Christmas card (none of these made the cut).  On Sunday evening I went on Shutterfly and created our Christmas card...they should arrive by Friday.  This is a little weird to me...I don't know why...actually I do.  I have always gone to Hallmark and looked at all the beautiful cards and labored over which one...which one? Not this year...a new tradition maybe, but I need to talk to Starbucks about home delivery.  I missed sipping on a peppermint mocha while making card decisions!!  






Next post...tree talk and Beth Moore's Christmas Collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment