Friday, December 3, 2010

The Third Day of Christmas

I should have done this post first...but it is still early in the season so today I am going to share my very favorite Advent calendar with you...


This Advent Calendar is so sweet and has been a part of our Christmas for years and years. The daily readings are simple and tell the story of the birth of Jesus Christ.  For years I looked at Advent as a celebration of Christ's birth and First Coming. But the real message of Advent is Anticipation...looking to the future and His Second Coming. 

I will admit that we no longer gather everyday and take out the next book and read it aloud.   With that said, I have seen my girls over the past few years reading the little books...the message though in its simplest form still delivers truth and joy!




Where is baby Jesus???  That is tomorrow's post!!
   

1 comment: