Monday, December 6, 2010

The 6th Day of Christmas...where is my laptop?

Today's post is gonna be short cause it's the end of the day and I am one tired girl :)  I've got two words for you...Online Shopping.  I have been a skeptic but I think it is the best thing since the JC Penney and Sears Christmas catalogs from back in the day! Today between laundry, 6 miles in the freezing cold, and cleaning out the refrigerator, I did some online shopping for Christmas presents.   Now I would really rather get in the car and go look and look and soak up the atmosphere and music and a couple of Starbucks and hopefully return home with all the wonderful finds in all the right sizes, shapes, and colors.  However, I live in Panama City, and it just doesn't always happen!!

So in the past I have planned shopping trips to Atlanta and Birmingham which have always been loads of fun and very expensive because not only would I conquer my list...but I would also succumb to other great things I didn't realize I wanted : ) until I saw them. 

Anyway, this year the shopping trip weekend is gonna get away from me so I have joined the millions who shop in their pjs from the comfort of their homes!  It has actually been nice to pick up a few things that I would never be able to get here in town!!  And the real treat is...they aren't really expensive items just things I can't get here.  So yes, I am a late comer to this phenomenon, but will give a thumbs up to online shopping.

If by chance you work in Dillard's or Borders or Yankee Candle or well...anyway, I am still out and about...and there are plenty of shopping days left so don't worry you may still get some of my holiday money : )

No comments:

Post a Comment