Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkey Talk #7

This turkey talk post is in honor of my dear grandma...She was a fabulous cook...the kind that could make something out of nothing and it would taste...well...fabulous.  After she passed away back in January of 2001 I took all of her beautifully hand-written recipes and have continued cooking some of her great dishes. A couple of years ago my girls bought a beautiful recipe book and organized the recipes...a very sweet gift!  

This Pineapple Cheese Salad recipe is from the old school of thought that you had to have some sort of a jello mold or it wasn't a fancy dinner!! I have to admit that it isn't for everyone but it is fabulous.  One note...I never make the dressing to go with it...that would just put it over the top for my family ; )

I don't always make this salad but wanted to this year. In a way my grandma will be a part of the first Thanksgiving with our new little grand baby Claire.  As far as grandmothers go...hers are some big shoes to fill!


No comments:

Post a Comment