Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turkey Talk #6

This is technically after-turkey talk...but oh well! I have to be thinking about those big weekend football games this coming Friday and Saturday don't you know! 

Southern Living has a great Easy Entertaining...fall edition magazine that has wonderful recipes.  As you can see I have flagged lots  that I have tried or will be making this week...


So in and amongst all the great recipes was one that I knew I had to try...


Yep...Chili-Lime Pecans.  I made them last night and they are fabulous and kind of remind me of the ones served at The Hotel at Auburn University!  So if they last until Friday they will be part of our Iron Bowl afternoon for the Auburn/Alabama game...WAR EAGLE!

Here is the recipe...straight from the magazine.
makes 3 cups  hands-on time: 10 minutes

2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
3 cups pecans

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Stir together first 6 ingredients. 
Add pecans; toss to coat.  Spread
mixture onto a lightly greased
aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
2. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until
pecans are toasted and dry, stirring
occasionally.  Cool completely (about 30 minutes).


Back to turkey talk next post : )

No comments:

Post a Comment