Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Random Thoughts...



Did I actually see an ad for a Black Friday sale beginning on Tuesday??


Those of you who read my blog and have many years of motherhood under your belt, do you remember when your children were little and
you would be soaking in a tub of  "Calgon" scented bubbles and they would show up...needing...something, or nothing?  Well last night at 11:30 I was soaking in the tub and in comes Katelyn (whom I had just had a conversation with in the sun room).  As we were chatting Chelsea poked her head in the doorway and came in to join the chat.  Then Gabby (the yorkie) showed up.  Actually, I think Rich sent her in to inquire as to why the three of us were having a gab-fest on the other side of the wall from where he was sleeping ; )  As the three of them tiptoed out the door and went up to bed I couldn't help but think...Thank you Lord that some things never change!!

We put up the tree last night...it is in place and "fluffed" and most of the lights work!  So here is my question...how many years does a pre-lit tree with 2000 white lights last?  We are on year 6.  I live in fear that I will plug it in and ...nothing!!

Why did we put up the tree last night?  Well my girls still like to decorate the tree as a family. We have done it during Thanksgiving weekend since Nicole and David got married.  Usually we tear up the house and drag the tree in on Friday morning (hence the name Black Friday...and you thought it had something to do with shopping).  With a new baby in the house it seemed like a good idea to get the tree up and then we can just have fun decorating.

Another random thought...a baby just changes everything...for the better!!

How many grocery store trips does it take to pull off Thanksgiving?  Today makes number three. 

I ordered a fresh turkey and it arrived this morning... 

Belle immediately woke up from her nap on the chair in the dining room window to come check this out!

You might notice Chelsea in the background she had just finished a paper... due date tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment