Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Random Morning of Picture Frames, Turtle Talk, and I SPY GAMES!

I was wandering through the house this morning and this stopped me in my tracks....
I love this picture frame...found in Rosemary Beach, FL.  I bought it thinking it looks beachy and would be great at Carillon, But...when I got home with it I looked at it and decided its new home would be my bible study/writing table (formerly known as Rich's puzzle table).  I immediately moved the candy dish...which I don't need to be staring at, even though the only candy left in it is candy I don't like to eat...yep...it was a perfect fit!!  So this morning I noticed that it still has the original picture in it!  Who is that sweet little boy?  If he is going to live in my house, he must have a story...And then I started thinking...is this a job???  Are there people out there who's resumes say...picture frame model?  How would it feel to walk into a Hobby Lobby and see your face smiling back at you from dozens of different frames?  Do they get a lifetime supply of picture frames as part of their compensation package? 

I will never know the answers to these perplexing questions...but I am pretty certain that I could be doing something better with my mind and my time this morning...like possibly getting back upstairs to Kate's room and finishing the job I started 2 days ago!!

My life lately feels like an I SPY picture book!

 It is fun to go down memory lane and think back on the days when this guy was Katelyn's hero...(no worries Kate...not all of this stuff is in the get rid of pile...and good news, I've left all of the clothes for you to go through :)

Back to the salt minds and I leave you with this...slow and steady wins the race...Gabby barked at the dining room window for a solid half hour as this guy slowly made his way across the driveway!! 

Riveting stuff I know...but this is my life...today!