Wednesday, February 29, 2012

March is coming in like a Lion...




February 29th...the end of the second month of 2012...where does time go??  March comes roaring in like a lion tomorrow and with it three separate spring break weeks which will bring each of my three kids home!!  Kate comes home this Friday.  After this week's midterms she will pack up on Friday and thank you Southwest...only 65 minutes from Nashville to PC.  I will actually be up in Georgia with Chelsea apartment hunting, but her dad will be here as will Gabby and all of her friends have the same spring break (all of this to say, I think she will survive without me :)  The next week starts Chelsea's break...no word yet on the particulars for her but she will be here at some point!! Finally, Nicole, David, and Claire will come the next week and stay out at the beach...it will all be too much fun cause...I can admit it...I miss my kids!!

In and amongst all of that fun I will be working on a couple of March Resolutions. Other than getting the attics finished and the garage back in order, I am going to put house projects to the side until April.  March is going to be about finding some new challenges in the world of exercise!! I have started going to a yoga class again and wouldn't you know it my hip hasn't been bothering me...
So yoga twice a week...walking 5-6 miles twice a week (this is also my social time with my friends)...and twice a week something that has a cardio aspect???? My gym has options so I will be trying some different classes and hopefully will love something enough to do it once a week at least and I can always do the elliptical or treadmill once a week. I am committing to this for March because I need to.  I eat better, feel better, sleep better, etc. when I am exercising consistently.  Another reason...I am not going to let this menopause business get the best of me. There I said it, it's out there, and thankfully for my sweet husband who insists on being my number one blog fan, I am not going to go on and on about it.  After all, if you're there you already know about it and if you aren't well then it's what my girls call TMI :)

That seems like a pretty tall order to me...all that exercising and eating only really good stuff...but I am also going to continue through March keeping daily devotions and prayer and bible study the priority.  I am finishing a really great bible study on James and am sad that it is almost over.  This past week Job came up in the study and I've been thinking about him ever since. I am so intrigued by him but even more so by this...

   One day the sons of God (angels) came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.  The LORD asked Satan, "Where have you come from?"  "From roaming the earth," Satan answered Him, "and walking around on it."  Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job?  No one else on earth is like him, a man of perfect integrity, who fears God and turns away from evil."
Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nothing? Haven't You placed a hedge around him, his household, and everything he owns?  You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.  But stretch out Your hand and strike everything he owns, and he will surely curse You to Your face."  "Very well," the LORD told Satan, "everything he owns is in your power.  However, you must not lay a hand on Job himself."  So Satan left the LORD's presence.    
                                Job 1:6-12 (the Holman Standard Christian Bible)

Makes me want to read it...again.  I know there is a new "word" in it for me that I didn't receive the last time I read this book.  God's word is so amazing!!

No pictures today...it seems odd to me too :)