Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tornadoes and Rescues...

This last week has been soooo crazy, I don't even know where to begin!  Chelsea and I didn't go to Georgia to look for an apartment last weekend.   Weather happened...need I say more?  So I stayed home and the upside was that I could be here for Kate's spring break arrival on Friday night.  She was flying in from Nashville...need I say more??? She was supposed to leave for the airport around 5:00...and then it started...




Amazingly, Kate's flight out of Nashville was delayed by only 40 minutes and she was in Florida at 8:50 pm!!

In Birmingham, Nicole and family dealt with their share of tornado sirens and testy weather and hunkered down at home! 
Chelsea, kinda bummed about my change in game plans, checked out the weather Friday after she was finished with classes and headed on over to Atlanta...eventually she and Stephen ended up in Athens (these two have a history of weather adventures...like two February's ago driving through a freak snowstorm in southern Georgia to go to Tallahassee...) and I wonder about gray hair!!

Sunday morning while getting ready for church, Nicole called to tell me of David's birthday surprise for her that night...a babysitter, dinner, and tickets to Wicked!! She was soooo excited...and then Claire started throwing up!!  Seems that Claire didn't escape the flu bug going through her daycare...she just postponed it till the weekend!  I commiserated with her and hung up.  A few minutes later I told Rich the story and he simply said "You can be there by 2:30. Sounds like GiGi needs to go to the rescue."  By 9:30 I was on my way up hwy 77.  Thank goodness we have driven this road enough times we have mastered the shortcut!  Door to door in 4 hours + a few minutes! Claire was napping and was actually past the throw up part of being sick and so she and I had a lovely time together Sunday evening playing tea party and doing puzzles!
My plan was to possibly come home Monday evening or Tuesday morning when they left for work.  At 11:00 am David called me on the way home from work...he was sick!  3:00 pm...Nicole is still at school trying to get stuff organized for HER sub...she is sick!  Claire and I had another fun afternoon and evening together...at this point she is fully recovered...her parents are quarantined in their bedroom...occasionally opening the door to report...
this is awful...my thinking is just go back in there and shut the door (as I wash my hands yet again:)
Miraculously, I didn't get it (unless I am waiting for this weekend when Chelsea is home for spring break so she can take care of me...she being the "medical" person in the family;) David had recovered by Tuesday morning and was eating and drinking coffee.  Nicole...well she still had some recovery time ahead of her but they were all home and so I headed back to PC...after all Kate was home!!

Stay tuned cause I returned to a funny farm...complete with angry squirrels!


Some days it just hits me...no really this is my life!!