Friday, February 3, 2012

Five for Friday and an Easy Chocolate Dessert!

I slept in this morning and have lots on my plate today, but I wanted to do a Five For Friday post sooooo I am cheating a bit!  I have chosen 5 posts from my blog that I like for one reason or another...If you want to laugh, be inspired, reminisce about a favorite pet or just celebrate this wonderful life we live check them out!  Sadly my technical skills have gotten me nowhere this morning so I can not seem to give you an easy way to get to these posts other than clicking on the appropriate month in the archives and then scrolling down to the title and clicking...Nicole is at work (and I've already used up my weekly tokens with her for blog disaster help), Chelsea is in the middle of the worst week of college life imaginable...first exam of the semester in all five classes began yesterday. So, unless I want to ask her a question about...Physical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Immunology, Comparative Anatomy, or Genomic Biology, I kind of need to leave her alone until the end of next week!! Katelyn...well she is the youngest and has watched her sisters figure everything out for me in the world of technology...smart she is, she has stayed away from blog stuff and most picture from the camera to computer to blog situations! Before you think "well that is not nice..." let me just say this...she has set up every one of my new cell phones and tells me when I need to add an app...Yes...I am challenged!

So here is the list of Five For Friday posts that you can check out...

  1. Driver's License Fun  (March 16, 2010)
  2. Happy Birthday to My Favorite Guy (March 25, 2010)
  3. Here It Is, The Story of Barcelona (July 20, 2010)
  4. Wills (January 3, 2011)
  5. Inspired By (June 14, 2011)
Okay, and here is a little treat for your weekend...
Rich did a cookout on a job site for lunch today and I helped out by making this super-easy, crowd-pleasing, calorie-loaded dessert (recipe courtesy of my friend JM who made it way back in the day when I taught her daughter...3rd grade!!).



Here is the recipe...
In a 9 x 11 pan place 12 unwrapped ice cream sandwiches
Pour over top~ hot fudge sauce (slightly heated to pour) and caramel sauce
Spread over that one-8 ounce tub of Cool Whip
Sprinkle mini chocolate bits over top (Hershey)
cover and freeze overnight

Now for three pans of this dessert I used 36 ice cream sandwiches, 2 large jars of hot fudge sauce, 11/2 jars of caramel sauce, 24 ounces of Cool Whip, and one container of mini chocolate bits...in other words you kinda eyeball some of it!!  There are probably lots of versions of this recipe and I am sure every one is good sweet eating!!  Enjoy :)