Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Figuratively Speaking...I Am All Over the Map!

I am sure that you've heard the saying "that person is all over the map!!"  Well that is me these past couple days!! I am every cliche about doing too many things at one time.  It all started with that February resolution to get all of our papers in order...I made 10 stacks for Rich to peruse and organize.  I have been doing this for 2 days now...


But I did find a good use for all of this...


I needed some filler for the Valentine boxes that I am sending to Kate and Chelsea...


But what about Nicole, David, and Claire you ask?...I have been collecting things for Claire for weeks now.  I found these super cute dresses at 65% off at a boutique in Rosemary Beach (GiGi's)


And I happened upon this treasure...gotta love Amelia Bedelia at any age!


For Nicole and David I wanted to do something for them...instead of buying them something.  On February 1st the for sale sign went up in the front yard of their very cute little house. So as many of you know a house for sale needs to look decorated and occupied without looking lived-in...fancy that with a 2 year old and two teachers who bring their work home with them many nights and host a church home group...you get the picture...you can't have dirty laundry, makeup all over the bathroom sink, and toys everywhere!  So I decided to do some cooking here at home and freeze it and take it with us to Nicole's on Friday  (did I mention Rich is running in the Mercedes Half Marathon in Birmingham this weekend?).  I don't think I've done this much cooking since Christmas dinner and my kitchen looked like who did it and ran!  But I am happy to say that I have just finished Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya, Spaghetti Casserole, and Chicken Rococco...AND I made enough to put some in the freezer for us!  Now Nicole can pull something out of the freezer, thaw it, reheat or bake it, and serve it...with no major kitchen messes!  

So during the down time of the whole cooking thing I finally ordered this Roman Fabric Shade, on the cover of the catalog, for the laundry room window that looks out into the garage.  This is big as I've been meaning to get around to this for about 8 1/2 years!


Within three weeks it will be installed and the laundry room will be all cleaned up and cute looking (I've seen too many such rooms on Pinterest)...doesn't that defeat the purpose of this catch-all room??


Anyhow, I was on such a roll that I went ahead and ordered this grandinroad ottoman (in red) for the upstairs loft! It has storage, provides extra seating and will be easy on the grand kids (I am assuming more grand kids will be forthcoming...in the coming years)!  All this amidst Tuesday night bible study on the book of James which is awesome...and a five mile walk!

James: Mercy Triumphs--Leader DVD Kit  -     
        By: Beth Moore

I am tired...I think I will go mail boxes and hit Starbucks! Maybe Rich will take me out to dinner...haha ;)