Monday, August 15, 2011

Hot Chocolate Angelina's Style...


Back to Paris for this post!  In previous posts I mentioned Angelina's...a wonderful tea shop on the Rue de Rivoli not too far from the Louvre.  I first went there back in the 90's and I remember thinking that I just wanted to stay all afternoon sipping the decadent hot chocolate.

The girls and I went to Angelina's this summer on our trip and had lunch...finished off with the hot chocolate and the famous Mont Blanc Macaroon.


It was...divine!!

Today as I was doing "stuff" I had on the Food Network's Barefoot Contessa...and she made...Angelina's Hot Chocolate!  So I stopped what I was doing and wrote down the recipe.  Make this for a special occasion this fall and winter...you won't regret it!

Double Hot Chocolate (Angelina's style)
4-5 servings

2 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
2 Cups Half-and-Half
8 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
8 ounces Milk Chocolate, chopped
1 T Sugar
1 t Pure Vanilla Extract
1 t Instant Espresso

In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, warm milk and half-and-half to just below simmering point.  Remove from the heat and add both chocolates.  When chocolates are melted, add sugar, vanilla extract, and espresso and whisk vigorously.  Reheat and serve immediately.  Enjoy :)






2 comments:

  1. Oh my yumm! My chocoholic (Carter) will LOVE this! Ina is on a roll this week, my mom called me yesterday with two recipes from episodes that she watched earlier in the week.

    Are you prepared to have free time on your hands? I was just thinking back to when Kate and Jordan were in 2nd grade and I think Nicole must have been heading to college that year? Anyhow, I remember wondering how you did it all, little kids and one in college.... Well I guess I'm about to find out myself! Ha! Try and enjoy your freedom, I can't even imagine it at this point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy...how do I prepare for free time??? I have been raising kids for 29 years!!! Rich keeps coming up with all of these EXTREME challenges that we should go conquer!! At this point I just want to eat what I want for dinner...or not eat, fill up the dvr with my choice of tv shows,and not wake up at 1 am thinking...did she come in and I just didn't wake up??? But you know I think kids are amazing and mine are the blessings of my life...
    You have wonderful kids...enjoy them now and look forward to later...believe me when I say time passes in a blink!!

    ReplyDelete