Friday, August 5, 2011

Book Club Update...

 I have been working on my blog and just realized that I totally missed July's book club update!! And I know you are all waiting (haha) so...I loaded up my kindle for our trip to Europe and planned to read, read, read...but actually only read a little bit. I read the new Tina Fey book...
And I think this counts as a memoir of sorts.  I read it because A) all of my girls are fans of hers...B) Nicole said she reminds her of me somehow (??) and C) She does a darn good imitation of Sarah Palin

It was good and funny and smart...like her.  The cover of this book bothers me though!!

I am finishing up this book... I love it...all about a couple buying a little house in France...and it just happens to be right next to a castle!!

I almost started the infamous Harry Potter...being in London and seeing the movie and all, but I am waiting until September when I am supposed to read young adult fiction.  Maybe I will fall in love with the series and it will help pass the time during those days when I wish Katelyn were still at Mosley and coming home at 3:00 :(

For August I am supposed to read something Science Fiction...and I just don't think I can do it...sooooo for now I am reading a non-fiction book...


This is a fascinating tale of a young-just-out-of-college woman who decides to hike the Appalachian Trail...alone.  I saw this book posted on Nicole's fb and checked it out on goodreads.com and loaded it on the kindle.  I started reading it on the treadmill at the gym (walking and reading...I don't really suggest this) and was immediately caught up...this morning I mentioned it to Nicole and she was like "Mom, I knew her at Samford...we were RA's together!"  Apparently, this woman's desire to find herself has led to many accomplishments since her first solo hike-thru.  Just this week she broke the world's record for the fastest solo hike-thru of the Appalachian Trail (over 2000 miles)! This evening Rich was browsing the newspapers on the internet and calls for me to come look at what he thinks should be our next adventure...it was the story of Jennifer Pharr Davis...hmmmm...I have camped maybe three times in my life! Those of you who know me well have heard me say that my idea of camping is a Holiday Inn built in the 80's!  Stay tuned!


I am also planning to finish reading this book...


What have you been reading this summer I am wondering.  Comment me, update me...looking forward to hearing from you! 
Happy Reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your blog! Love living Paris through your eyes. i read a memoir this month, The Glass Castle, and really loved it. You will be amazed at how the author made it into adulthood!

    ReplyDelete