Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Fun

Memorial Day Weekend is crazy in our little beach town.  Every boat, smallest to largest, suddenly needs to make a trip out to Shell Island... Yes, we are among them and we head out too and are always amazed when we arrive to this...
Rich and I always look at each other and harken back many years ago to that moment in which he was treading water and demanded that I "throw him the d.... anchor" Not our best boating moment...but certainly memorable...HOWEVER...



 We smile at the masses of boats and continue along the island until we find a spot quiet enough that even the birds wander about...One of these years we need to get up reallllly early...!


On Monday Katelyn had to work all day at Deja Vu...so Rich and I decided to spend the day with Chelsea...she's been neglected lately what with Kate's graduation and all (HaHa);)

We started the morning in Rosemary Beach for breakfast...


Had to take a picture with the Fabulous Gigi's sign!!

 One day Claire (the superhero) will call me on the phone and say..."hey Gigi" :)...unless of course she decides to call me something else ;)... Okay, back to Memorial Day...

Next stop...Seaside...
Where we shopped...

Okay...well Rich found a newspaper...Chelsea and I shopped

And Chelsea tried a Lime-in-the-Coconut shaved ice from Frostbites


We stopped at Sundog books...Rich found a book by a local author and I found a book about England...


When we got back to Carillon, Chelsea and I headed down to the beach while Rich did a 14 mile bike ride...

We ate Salt Water Taffy and talked and read and I played cards...

While Chelsea napped...I took a walk...and looked for shells



Rested and feeling creative...
Chelsea decided to play in the sand


Awww cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment