Sunday, May 22, 2011

What's in your beach bag?

I am at the beach for the weekend and actually today I was all by myself ...kinda nice :)  I decided a day of rest was in order so I put on a swimsuit and coverup and dashed across the street to Publix where I picked up just what I wanted for my day at the beach.  Back at the condo I gathered all of my stuff and put it in the biggest beach bag I have! I took Gabby out for a walk, and then off I went*
One look at this glorious day and I couldn't resist the call...

Going anywhere...even Publix waaayyy out on the west end requires a cover-up because I am certain that there is an unwritten rule about women of a certain age running about in a bathing suit!
This super cute cover-up is from a beach shop called
From Peaches to Beaches



Back from the store, I packed up my giant beach bag with all kinds of stuff to keep me fed, watered,
 and entertained for the day!!
Have you tried Coconut M&Ms...great beach snack that doesn't melt!!



Is there anything truly more relaxing than sitting under a giant umbrella eating watermelon while playing solitaire or finishing a good book or watching the water lap up onto the powdery white sand or drifting off into a nap??...Well I did all of those things and I have to say that today it was just what I needed!

That's our chair on the end...Paradise 501

It seemed a perfect day for kayaking or sailing...just a hint of a breeze

But not so much breeze that I couldn't play solitaire with my deck of GIANT can you see me now...cards!

But as it goes...all good things must come to an end and so late in 
 the afternoon I packed up my stuff and trekked back to the condo


So I am very curious...what is in your beach bag?

*This actually happened on Friday...but I couldn't get the pictures to load onto my laptop sooooo I waited till we were back in town on Sunday to post :)



4 comments:

  1. hmm...my beach bag this weekend for a quick trip to Destin held 3 beach towels: one Vera Bradley that is oh so soft in lemonparfait, one pirate octopus, and one a stripe that Erich had when we met. A canon camera, flip video, 30 spf, 50spf for Peyton, and 15 spf. A visor, Life is Good cap, Coastal Living magazine and the book I am reading, Hurricanes in Paradise off of the $5 rack at Lifeway. LOVE your coverup...I have been looking for a cute one for a while now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back from the beach, too! My bag...diapers and wipes, 3 kinds of baby sunscreen, pretzels, an apple, water in a Barbie princess sippy cup, water in a Dr. Brown's bottle, formula in a to-go device, a plastic shovel, pail, and dump truck, 2 tiny sunhats, and my cell phone. No room for 4 towels, so Paul toted them in his backpack. No room for a good book either and no time to read it anyway, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happened across your site when I typed in "biggest beach bag". Our's recently broke and it's HUGE. Lo and behold, from the picture, it looks like yours is the same one! We had gotten ours as a gift...do you remember where you go yours from?
    skle@ptd.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon welcome to my blog...I will email you this also...but I got it at Pottery Barn a couple of years ago!

    Renee and Morgan...I remember those days when everything in the beach bag was all about the girls!! Enjoy this time with your precious kids before you know it they will want to go to the beach with only their friends ;)

    ReplyDelete