Friday, June 3, 2011

11 in 11 Book Club Update




It can't be June 3rd...that would mean that I didn't post in May about book club!!  May was kind of a busy month I guess and I did read...alot! So, I looked back at my original post and alas I am having a difficult time keeping to the specific type of book for each month.

For starters let's talk about The Tale of Two Cities...the February selection...yikes I am still staring that thing down on a weekly basis (for those of you just joining in this conversation I did read it many years ago). In March I started a series about Josephine Bonaparte...very interesting and I read the first book...but still have 2 to go so I am thinking about taking the second one with me to Paris in July.  In April I read the gospels and to be honest, after several days of trying to "get through" a certain amount of reading I decided to back off that goal.  The bible is not a book to get through ( I did one of those read through the bible in a year programs and what was the benefit of that I have to ask??...guess I just mean that reading the bible to finish it does no justice to its content and purpose). So I am reading my bible along with my weekly bible study (Pursuing More of Jesus by Anne Graham Lotz... this study looks at the
book of John)...


 and I am doing some reading in the Old Testament that goes along with the That The World May Know study for Kate's upcoming trip to Israel.  And I have to say it...I love the Old Testament!

In May I was supposed to read historical fiction...which I did...YAY!!
Against The Wind by Bodie & Brock Thoene was the second of two books from the Zion Diaries about WWII.  I also read The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.  This is the "story" of the early days of Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley, back in the twenties of Paris.  Both of these books are great reads if you are looking for something historical.



A little housekeeping note from April...I had to order the PJ Funbunny books and yes...some of you will be recieving one in the mail for commenting!!  Also, I keep talking to people who say they follow the blog...love the book club, but are intimidated (or something) about commenting (SP ;) Okay...so the main thing is you're reading, but some of you readers have amazing reading lists and thoughts to go along with all of that reading you do...so share already...enquiring minds want to know!! 

Happy Reading...


1 comment:

  1. I love the Zion Diaries series. I read it years ago and they just redid the covers and re-released them. They were very hard to put down! I need to update my list too!

    ReplyDelete