Saturday, June 25, 2011

You've Got Mail












Up early this morning...thank you Gabby...So, after some coffee and a little news I flipped through the channels wanting to check out the weather and came upon...You've Got Mail.  I love this movie...it is a classic and if I come upon it on a Saturday morning at 7:30...I can watch it and smile...










So here are some priceless quotes from the movie...


 "When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your
whole life does." ...Kathleen Kelly

"The Godfather is the I-ching. The Godfather is the sum of all wisdom. The Godfather is the answer to any question. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli." What day of the week is it? "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday."
...Joe Fox


"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino. "
...Joe Fox


" People are always saying that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all... has happened. My store is closing this week. I own a store, did I ever tell you that? It's a lovely store, and in a week it'll be something really depressing, like a Baby Gap. Soon, it'll be just a memory. In fact, someone, some foolish person, will probably think it's a tribute to this city, the way it keeps changing on you, the way you can never count on it, or something. I know because that's the sort of thing I'm always saying. But the truth is... I'm heartbroken. I feel as if a part of me has died, and my mother has died all over again, and no one can ever make it right."
...Kathleen Kelly

"...You are what you read."...Frank

"Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could pass all my zingers to you? And then I would never behave badly and you could behave badly all the time, and we'd both be happy. But then, on the other hand, I must warn you that when you finally have the pleasure of saying the thing you mean to say at the moment you mean to say it, remorse inevitably follows."...Joe Fox

 "Don't you just love New York in the fall?"...Kathleen Kelly
"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."...Joe Fox



Okay...so what is your favorite line from You've Got Mail???

1 comment:

  1. I like the bit that Joe Fox does about the potential secret meaning of her e-mail admirer's screen name.

    ReplyDelete