Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupcakes for Anytime!!

For Valentines dinner tonight we are staying in and since we already had our Valentine date night on Saturday night...Rich's mom and dad are coming for dinner!  So after my 5 miles, a trip to the post office and grocery store, I decided to get dessert at Panama City's very own cupcake bakery Sugar Crave (located on Harrison Avenue across from Tom's Hot Dogs...another great eatery but, I am digressing here...)

It was noon when I arrived and there were exactly seven cupcakes left...yes, SEVEN! I wanted to buy 6 and was about to open my mouth and say...when in walked a sweet older couple with cupcake desire written all over their faces!!! I couldn't do it...I couldn't leave just one cupcake for the two of them to share. 

I ended up with three Grasshopper Mints

One Vanilla Caramel Cherry

And one Red Devil (red velvet with jalapeno???!! That one will be for Rich...after all he likes food with a kick!).

As I stood there waiting for them to ring me up I looked at all the pretty glass cake plates, now empty...what a shame as the lunch crowd is about to descend upon this icing scented wonderland looking for a Valentine gift or just a sugar lift.  Anyway, if you are in the market today for cupcakes...they will be restocked at 5 pm with an amazing assortment to choose from (I was looking for Death by Chocolate...). Or stop by another day when you need a huge pick-me-up!! You can even take a friend and split one because while scrumptious, they are rich and filling!

1 comment:

  1. I ventured into this beautiful spot and was amazed at their creations ~ tired to ignore the calories! I agree it is a perfect spot for tea with a friend. Just want you to know I have a new blog. I think I have finally figured this journaling opportunity out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete