Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September Book Club...11 in 11 Update





It is September and time for a Book Club update!  This month was set aside for young adult fiction and yes I am now reading the Harry Potter series and wondering...Why didn't I do this before?? I actually read book one
The Sorcerer's Stone at the very end of August.  It was such an easy and entertaining read.  I like the departure from other books I have recently been reading that are more involved.  When I went upstairs to Kate's room (sniff sniff boo hoo...;) to retrieve the second Harry Potter book,  I saw this book that I remember from my days of teaching elementary school.  I think I will read it too...just because!

 

This is another great book I happened upon in my travels through bookstores this summer. It is a combination cookbook, picture book, and gentle reminder of the art of home, food, and hospitality...makes me want to cook up a mess of something and invite ya'll to dinner this Sunday!!


I found this very cool book stand at one of my favorite downtown Panama City stores...Avenue Sea... It is great for displaying books and useful when cooking!!



 
And finally, After a summer away from bible study I am anxious to get back to it. This is going to be our new study for the fall...I can't wait!

The weather this week (after Monday) has been beautiful...cool mornings and fabulous blue skies...great time for outdoor reading in the early morning!!



No comments:

Post a Comment