Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Countdown Continues...

Wow is it Wednesday already? I have continued my countdown for Saturday's Half Marathon...here's what I've been doing (cause I am certain you are wanting to know ha ha)!

Monday 4:40 pm...today was to be the 10 miler. Two of my walking buddies agreed to keep me company and so Bobbie and I set off from my house and headed toward the bridge and then onto KMart on the beach (5 miles from my house).  The good news...she got in her car to go about her evening and I did not.  Which meant I had to walk back home...well, almost.  My other walking buddy, Pam, had met us at NorthStar Church (about a mile into our walk).  So you probably see where this is going.  It was dark by the time we reached where her car was parked.  The first part of the 10th mile was along the highway without sidewalks and I already knew for a fact it was a favorite place for possums to roam as Bobbie and I almost walked right into a lovely dead one earlier in the daylight. So we got into Pam's car...thinking (never good at this point...don't think just plow through) we would drive to Pam's house and walk the last mile through our lovely neighborhood from her house to mine.  Didn't happen.  Once I had stopped all I could think of was the two Taco Bells I had passed...note to self...carry crunchy tacos with me on Saturday night??  So we went instead to get money and then headed to...yep...Taco Bell...a girl's gotta eat!  Can I tell you that I really enjoyed it and I never go to Taco Bell!   I only did 9 miles.  But that's okay.  I wasn't tired at the end of the evening and had done some interesting terrain work...most important, I fed my need for crunchy tacos!!

Tuesday...scheduled down day...went to Sports Authority in the a.m. to get a red shirt (so Rich and I will have on the same color...yea I know).  Couldn't find a woman's red shirt in the store...so I bought yellow ones.  I immediately regretted this when I got them out in the daylight and saw how neon they looked but decided to let Rich decide.  I also got a pedicure....ahhhh bliss!  Tuesday evening back to Sports Authority with Rich...this time we found blue shirts.  I also found the socks that will get me through the half marathon without blisters (remember I got new shoes a couple of weeks ago and I don't trust that they are broken in).



Wednesday 8:00 am...this morning I am going to meet Pam and do 4 miles...actually in twenty minutes...which means I need to get going!!



No comments:

Post a Comment