Friday, October 5, 2012

Katelyn's Fall Break = Food!!

 
Katelyn is home for fall break!!  That means cooking dinner at night and so far three grocery store trips in three days...what can I say, I am a little out of practice :D On Wednesday evening I made this great recipe find from Pinterest...Lasagna Soup

Pinned Image
 
It is spicy from the  Italian sausage, fire roasted diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic.
It is cheesy...with a mixture of ricotta, shaved Parmesan, and mozzarella.
And it's SOUP...with 6 cups of chicken broth and all of those fusilli pasta noodles...YUMMY!  I was a tiny bit worried that lasagna as a soup would
not go over too well, especially with Rich...but it was a hit!
 
When deciding on dinner for last night I mentioned that I had the Martha Stewart Macaroni and Cheese recipe that I wanted to make for her and she decided that we should make buffalo turkey burgers too.  So back to the store
we went (after an afternoon of some shoe shopping ;)
 
 
If you are a mac and cheese fan...this one is a must try! Kate spent the
better part of 30 minutes grating white cheddar and Gruyere cheese.  Add to that whole milk, butter, freshly grated nutmeg and homemade breadcrumbs...divine!!

 
Now, I am not so much a die-hard fan of these...but if you like
buffalo wing sauce, blue cheese and spicy turkey burgers...these are
superb!

 
We also had a plan for the evening...it was Cold War movie night...yes, I am serious!  Kate's history class this fall is on the Cold War era.  So we netflixed
The Hunt for Red October and enjoyed our rich and spicy dinner along with some classic Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin!! 
 
With two days of her fall break left I am thinking I will easily gain 3-5 pounds...so I am glad that I am back into my morning walking routine!!
 
If you want to get the above recipes for lasagna soup and Martha's Mac and Cheese go to my pinterest lasagna soup (once you are looking at the pin, click on the web address in the upper right corner)and my pinterest mac and cheese (click on the web address in the upper right corner) and then plan a trip to the gym or a run or a hike or a very long walk!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment