Friday, September 21, 2012

Weekend Celebrations!!

It has been a good...long week!  I had lots going on which got interrupted by my annual trip down the seasonal allergy, coughing, voice-losing road!  I wasn't able to go to Girls Inc. on Wednesday and walking and yoga were out.  But I made good use of my time.  I called the plumber and he came and put all new plumbing under our kitchen sink...it was necessary as that plumbing had been, how can I say this..."honey-do'ed' to death!"  While here, I had the plumber fix all three outdoor spigots too. Two were leaking to the point you had to be prepared to get a shower when you turned them on and the third one didn't have a handle and couldn't be turned on.  So after a few good hours of work, I can now open the cabinet doors below my sink just to admire my new plumbing and I announced to the girls that they could now wash their cars in the driveway again...they weren't impressed!!

I have also been getting ready for our weekend trip to Athens (Georgia).  It is homecoming weekend for UGA and guess who they are playing?...VANDY!  How perfect...Kate is driving over from Nashville and we will spend tonight celebrating her 20th birthday.  Tomorrow we have all day to visit and poke around the awesome little boutiques and restaurants downtown before heading over to the stadium for the game.  I am excited about the game too...another southern school all hyped up with school spirit, tail-gating, and football fun!! 

 
Now if I could just quit coughing...because if I can't, it is going to seriously impede my ability to get vocal at this football game.  Think about it...I will be cheering for Georgia to win cause, well, they are having a great year so far and Chelsea loves football and wants them to win.  But, I will also be cheering for Vandy because it is Kate's school (though she is not into the whole football culture thing like Chelsea). Vandy is working so hard on their football program and I love it when they shake up their opponents who think...
ehhh it's Vanderbilt!! 
 
So, here's to the weekend...I hope you have a great one whether you are sitting in a stadium somewhere cheering on your favorite team or just enjoying a FALL afternoon.  It's a grand and blessed life we live!!




No comments:

Post a Comment