Monday, September 17, 2012

An Update on the Library


Last week I spent a lot of time over at my new hangout...Girls Inc.  Working on the library was at times overwhelming, plowing through all of the books and magazines and what-nots.  You might recall all of these books were awaiting my perusal after Tammy and her family cleaned and painted the room.

 
I am going to do the big reveal on Wednesday, but here are some during-the-process-pictures so that you can share in my JOY :)
 
I chose this fabric for window treatments and when I went
back to Parthenon to purchase it...they gave it to me. 
What a wonderful gift :)

Now, I don't sew...so I have pretty much figured out how to
accomplish a lot with fabric and a glue gun :)  These are
not the finished product, you can see those on Wednesday!
I have so much fabric left over I want to make pillows for
the built in bench that runs along one wall...hmmm I wonder
how I will swing this without sewing!!

While going through stacks and stacks of books, I came
across many that have been donated by one of my favorite
organizations, The Panama City Junior Women's Club...oh the memories!

Eventually I began refilling the shelves with picture books,
chapter books, poetry books, mysteries, young adult books,
classical literature, and more...

I was so happy...I think I was born to be a librarian :D

 
Last Wednesday, the first group of girls came to visit.
I read aloud as the first and second graders sat mesmerized
 (okay, a slight exaggeration) and they learned a little poem too!! Stay tuned cause this Wednesday (my Katelyn's 20th Birthday) I will show you the finished project!   



No comments:

Post a Comment