Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Resolutions...Happy 2012!




Pinned Image

2012...a new year...new possibilities! While I haven't asked anyone else what their new year resolutions might be, I have to admit that I set them.  It is part of the January ritual.  Pack away Christmas; use all those hours of putting away to think about life!!   While I simplify my home by decluttering...I also attempt to declutter my life by looking at it in depth. 

In 2011 I was facing the reality that my youngest was graduating and heading off to college.  I was joining the famed "Empty Nest" club!  How was I going to survive many asked?  I was busy, I prayed about it, and at times I let the emotions have their moment...but I refused to let them move in!!

So here it is 2012 and I am ready for some new challenges! I have checked out other bloggers and have tagged a few nifty ideas here from www.pinterest.com

Pinned Image






   I am thinking about the number 12...yes, I know this is not a unique idea!!   I am going to go about this in a different way this year.  Instead of coming up with 12 resolutions and assigning them to each month...I am going to take it one month at a time.  Hopefully this will leave me open to ideas and challenges that cross my path in the new year.

JANUARY 2012...I am resolving to get my "house" in order this month.  First up the actual house!  Christmas has been sorted through and put away and I must say it is better organized than it has been in several years! It is amazing how dusty that fabulous stuff gets sitting around for a month... I love that the house looks and feels CLEAN and SIMPLE.  I have my eye on two upstairs closets, but that has to wait for the girls to go back to school which happens this coming weekend. Before you say, she's already done with January...not quite!
Also in January I am getting myself in order.  So, starting with my appointment today, I am getting all of the health check-ups done. It's a process...and not always fun...but I am praying for a clean bill of health come the end of the month (I will happily take...you're just aging)!! 

 January doesn't sound like too much fun as I reread the above...however, there are some good things coming up this month including our sweet Claire's 2nd birthday celebration in Birmingham in a couple weeks, going with Chelsea to UGA (University of Georgia) to lend moral support as she interviews for a position in the Pharmacy school, and Rich and Dennis (Delaney) are heading up to Vandy to catch a basketball game with Kate later in the month (wives not invited...)!!  So the plan...make the list of must-do, not-so-fun stuff and mix in some things I love...before I know it February will be here!!

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment