Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Collages and Colleges...and some other random stuff!


Got home last night from settling Kate back into college life at Vandy in Nashville. As she unpacked and organized (aided by a trip to the Container Store) she found all kinds of stuff that she wanted me to bring home...I think the car was as full coming home as going up...well not quite :) 

So it's Tuesday morning and I am waking up slowly, on purpose.  I've got lots of things on my to-do list, but before I start whittling away I wanted to share a couple of random things...

My animals were waiting for me when I got in last night (Rich and I met for dinner as I drove into town and then he went to a "guys" get together for the  National Championship game).  Jack, Nicole's cat, has found a new place to sleep...Gabby can get to him here so he is always at the ready to defend his space!



This sweet thank you gift from my cousin's daughter Sarah was waiting for me when I got in...love these potholders...this craft is a rite of passage for girls...

And this was waiting on the front porch...the new dining room rug from Pottery Barn.  I had actually forgotten about it as I had ordered it back in???... and it was on back order!! I really want to open it and put it out...but not until Gabby (and I) have been to obedience training which is scheduled for February!



   Last week Chelsea and I tackled a project that I have been wanting to do for awhile. After spending time on Thursday gathering stuff (mostly from other places in the house) we hung this wall collage.  It is a tiny bit stressful to go from planning to pounding nails into the wall...but finally we committed and I love it!! It is a reflection of things I love and inspiration that I can use on a daily basis!! Included in the collage is a Monet picture that reminds me of our girls' trip to Europe, a gift from Rich..."you are the cheese to my macaroni"...and of course a couple of fave pictures of family! 



This framed needlepoint was given to Rich by his mom for Easter in 1981...



Birds...I love them and they have become a symbol of my three girls taking flight into the world...something Rich and I have been preparing them for...
well, all their lives!



So, up next...the continuation of January necessaries in order to complete my resolutions for the month...blood work and mammogram on Wednesday, and upstairs closets which could easily take the rest of the month!!  Stay tuned, Claire turns 2 tomorrow and I will have to post about that!!


No comments:

Post a Comment