Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dr. Oz and the Pioneer Woman...a likely match???

Today I am in the mood to get healthy!!  I don't get too hung up on that stuff...I try to eat fruits, veggies, and only an occasional steak or pot roast or spaghetti bolognese...but anyway...I try to exercise my body and my brain and my soul on a regular basis and I go to the doctor for all the check-ups!  I was on pinterest the other day and happened upon this...
no, not the sweet potato cakes with sour cream and chipotle black bean salsa, or the vanilla bean caramel sauce, nor the oven baked smashed potatoes...look in the middle of the picture kinda next to the caramel sauce...
Dr. Oz's Tangerine Weight-Orade!!


It takes just three ingredients...
8 cups brewed green tea
1 tangerine sliced
a handful of fresh mint leaves

This concoction goes into fridge overnight and tomorrow I can drink it all day and benefit from the metabolism boost it will deliver!! It smells good and has ingredients that I like...so we shall see!

On another note, while I am talking about food...


I made this supreme comfort food the night before Katelyn and Chelsea left for college after Christmas break.  The Pioneer Woman's Macaroni and Cheese feeds the stomach and the soul...here is the recipe


Go ahead take a peek...make this once, you will be hooked...hence the necessity for Dr. Oz's Tangerine Weight-Orade!!



No comments:

Post a Comment