Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Thanksgiving festivities begin...on the road!



I am leaving tomorrow for Nashville...it will be a long day of driving to get up there in time to go with Katelyn to see Kathryn Stockett at the Vandy Student Life Center!  I loved her novel, The Help, the movie was really good, and I totally love her red dress :)  Can't wait!!

Kathryn Stockett Author Kathryn Stockett attends the premiere Of DreamWorks Pictures' 'The Help' held at The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Samuel Goldwyn Theater on August 9, 2011 in Beverly Hills, California.            

I have been doing tons to get ready to go because when I return with Kate, we will have Claire...must be organized!!  I finished all of the grocery shopping that can be done up to this point AND I finished all of my little projects which included moving the furniture from the boathouse out onto the deck by the fire pit (which also meant cleaning it), making Claire a snugly blanket (then I decided to make her two...one just for Christmas...but she loves blankets when she is sitting on the couch :), and putting together last year's Thanksgiving memories into a scrapbook...just in time for this year's pictures!!
Here are a few pages...






I love a good old fashioned scrapbook (I do love those that you make
online and they arrive in the mail beautiful and finished and not one single trip to Michael's...but more about that another time)! 

I am not certain if I will make it back on the blog before Thanksgiving...maybe I will get a bug next week to stay up super late!! Either way, I wish for you a wonderful Thanksgiving...we are all truly blessed!



1 comment:

  1. No! You must come back and tell us about Kathryn Stockett!

    ReplyDelete