Thursday, November 10, 2011

Getting ready for the Holidays...toile and Mr. Clean!

The days are speeding by...does anyone else notice that this happens in October, November, and December?  But January...that month just creeps along!  Anyhow, I am busy trying to get organized for the Thanksgiving holidays which for me starts next Wednesday when I head up to Nashville to bring Katelyn home for Thanksgiving week!  When we return home we will have Claire with us (David and Nicole will follow a couple days later).

So it's back upstairs I go to finish up Chelsea's room which we had painted a month ago.  She gave me carte blanche to sort and store and get rid of STUFF and I did!  I bought new bedding and updated pictures in frames (a lot from our trip to Europe)...the room is supposed to have a grown-up french country feel to it (my little curly-haired red head is turning 21 on the 18th)...




Chelsea is not a huge fan of the color red...so I used it sparingly but it goes so well with black and toile (the bathroom is black and taupe toile with black cabinets...the furniture is my grandmother's.


My friend, Yvonne, bought these paintings in Paris many years ago...
I love them and am so happy to be able to hang them again!



I wish I had taken a before picture of these shelves!!
I did devote one shelf to trophies...one from each sport she played...
soccer, tennis, basketball, t-ball...and dance!





This book is for Nicole...and me...we always need to brush up on our French!

Over the top you think...well I had to buy a pack n' play...and this one just happens to match the room where the kids stay when they are in town...I couldn't resist :) 


I have also been doing things that get done infrequently...or maybe just every November before the holidays.  We have white doors everywhere in our house.  They are beautiful but get dirty, especially around the handles and doorknobs. It is super easy to clean off fingerprints with the magic eraser...in no time my white doors are smudge free (for the most part) and this year I tackled my white staircase...





Lots of spindles...but great results...evidenced by the dirty eraser!


I know what you're thinking...she needs a life...but no really this is my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment