Tuesday, October 18, 2011

French Toast Casserole Anyone...


My grandmother's recipe for Stuffed French Toast seems to be a big hit whenever I make it! I actually only remember her making it once...but I inherited the recipe ten years ago and have made it many times over the years. 

This is a great breakfast recipe for anytime of the year...but I typically make it for my Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Breakfast and Christmas morning breakfast.  It is so easy and my husband loves it almost as much as my regular French Toast...


Stuffed French Toast

Cut Crust off 8 slices of bread, cube. Put 1/2 in bottom of 9 x 13 buttered casserole dish. Cube 2-8 ounce packages of cream cheese layer this over the bread. Add last layer of cubed bread.  Beat 12 eggswith 1/3 C maple syrup and 2 C milk. Pour over bread, cover and refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.  Serve with extra Maple Syrup and fresh fruit.


*Note...I have made a few adjustments to this recipe...I use a very dense bread such as Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Sourdough bread.  I tend to use more slices too. I cut down the Cream Cheese to 12 ounces total and I sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the cheese layer before adding the last layer of bread.  This is not a low calorie recipe...that is why I fix it when there are going to be a lot of people around :)








2 comments:

  1. Oh my holy deliciousness!!! Thank you!!
    --K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to eat it Thanksgiving morning!!! Chelsea

    ReplyDelete