Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Book Club Update...11 in 11

October is here and I have quite a list of books I want to read this month for Non-fiction...so here goes!

First up...Malcom Gladwell's  What the Dog Saw


This book is a compilation of his writing in The New Yorker. Some of the essays included in this book are the story of Ron Popeil and the Conquest of the American Kitchen, The Ketchup Conundrum, and Million-Dollar Murray.

Next is a book that Nicole gave me for my birthday...One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp


Taken from the book jacket inside flap...
"A beautifully practical guide to living a life of joy, One Thousand Gifts invites you to wake up to God's everyday blessings.  As Voskamp discovered, in giving thanks for the life she already had, she found the life she'd always wanted."

Last, a book I read several years ago I am reading again because Chelsea is reading it as part of her AU girls' bible study...A.W. Tozer's ...


Looks like I will be reading in all of my spare time...

On another note, I recently ran across this wonderful blast to my past love of reading Nancy Drew mystery books. If you would like to see this article up close...go tohttp://www.countryliving.com/antiques/what-to-collect/nancy-drew#fbIndex1





Here is my collection of Nancy Drew books.  My favorite...The Hidden Staircase was published in 1959...the year I was born! 


The oldest book I own is The Scarlet Slipper published in 1954...love her hair!
This makes me want to curl up on the couch and just read away...it also makes me want to go out and find some of the books I don't seem to have like number one in the series...The Secret of the Old Clock...hmmmmm maybe I should start by looking in Katelyn's room...




3 comments:

  1. The first Nancy Drew book I read was The Hidden Staircase. I know that book is somewhere at my parents' house! Love me some Nancy Drew and love hearing about your 11 in '11. I've got A LOT of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carter just informed me that the new Nancy Drew game comes our October 18th - Alibi in Ashes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure The Secret of the Old Clock is in my room, I know I've read it at least once! Love me some Nancy Drew--books and games!

    ReplyDelete