Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day Two of Remodel....charm bracelets and scrapbooks!

Early Day Two...it is looking rough in here!  The lovely shade of orange is what is left behind after the grassy cloth is removed...Thank God for my wonderful painter who just shrugs and says...it'll work, one way or another!

So to escape this and this...

I have been unloading books from the shelves and putting them into 3 piles...Home, Condo, Anywhere Else!  While unloading I came upon this sweet little detour down memory lane...

A scrapbook and "matching" charm bracelet given to my by my 5th grade class!


I went through each page of the book and read all the reasons for all of the charms...I laughed, smiled, and yes teared up a bit at the memories.  I chose a couple to put in here (a) I don't think they will mind and b) they are now juniors in high school so I'm pretty certain my blog is not on their daily to-do list)



I am going to say it... teaching is a calling and is a consuming career ( thank goodness for Christmas vacation, Spring break, and Summer...and some days...recess).  My time as a teacher was a "charmed" time that I will always look back on and treasure.  I am not saying it was ever easy and it wasn't always fun...but it was worth EVERY minute.  So if you are a teacher be proud of your calling...there are not many people who can handle this profession!  If you know a great teacher...tell him, tell her, my goodness...tell everyone.  If you are a parent, pray for your childrens' teachers everyday!

Enough said...there is still Rich's side of the bookshelves to unload! 
I hope ya'll are having a charming day...:)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment