Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's a Winter ONEderland kinda birthday party for Claire

Claire has turned ONE, but the family party has not yet begun!!
This post will be ongoing as it is Saturday and her party is Monday...however, I am in my element right now and so I have to share...

Nicole found some adorable invitations on Etsy and we all received an E-vite to Claire's birthday party.  I printed a copy on kodak paper so I could put it in her birthday scrapbook!


Nicole chose turquoise and pink for the invitations so I am keeping with those colors for her birthday scrapbook and oh my I had some kinda fun in Michael's yesterday!  I love ribbon and sequins and paper and stickers!!

The scrapbook is ready for Monday.  Each guest will write a message to Claire on the pre-cut paper and will take a special birthday photo with her...(she is gonna love this part ;)...Photos will be printed and put on the page with the message...add a few embellishments (my specialty) and Voila...a birthday keepsake!

Yes, I have created a little shrine...but I think it will be okay because everyone attending this party feels the same way I do about Claire Elizabeth!!


On Sunday after church we continued getting ready for the party!
Kate made a picture frame for Claire using pink and turquoise ribbon and sequins.


Chelsea made her own Doodle Frame art creation for Claire...




Although the party is tomorrow...we started celebrating a little early!



 Claire is a bit wary of her new toy!


Meanwhile, Nicole was all wrapped up with the 100 foot snowflake streamer!



Finally it is party day.....

Claire is wearing the new romper that Nicole made especially for her birthday!
And times like these I just think she is too adorable for words!!


Her Uncle Aaron (a pastry chef at Dreamcakes in Birmingham, Alabama) arrived in town with her cake...which included a special cupcake for Claire!



After cake and ice cream...it was time for presents!!




She loved pulling out the outfits all wrapped up in this box!

But once she opened this book...it was all over...
She looks like she is reading it aloud to the crowd (so the book is upside down ;)

Group Shot!


At the end of the first of many birthday parties she is still all smiles...Claire and David held up nicely too!!






3 comments:

  1. Honestly Dodd family, Claire is SO neglected. Dontcha think you could kick it up a notch, after all it is her first birthday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over to visit, I'm Sharon's friend and she told me about your blog. So nice to "meet" you! Adorable bd pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Do you by chance have a blog?

    ReplyDelete