Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lemons, Ants, and The Three Stooges...


Sunday is a day of rest; I know this...but sometimes for us it is the one day we can spend together uninterrupted doing things that we like to do. This afternoon we moved the five potted knockout roses to a new home in the ground and planted 3 Bougainvillea and 2 Meyer Lemon Trees in the pots. 

I love lemons and have wanted to try to grow them for about a year now...so...here we go!




Rich really enjoys being out in the yard...so this is right up his alley.  The Bougainvilleas look great, now if they can live through the windy days we have been experiencing!





Last to be planted were the roses. We had the 5 from the pots and 4 more we bought at Lowes. We decided to put them in an area that became sunny last week with the removal of a tree...all was well until Rich stepped into a nasty red ant nest...


But he persisted and got 5 of them planted...I love them!



On a final note, we also went to see a movie this afternoon.  Rich and Dennis wanted to see The Three Stooges (Pam and I kinda wanted to poke our eyes out...).  The whole Jersey Shore thing kinda turned me off, but I enjoyed sitting there listening to my husband laugh and laugh and laugh...
It's the simple things in life, for me it's the possibilities of a tree full of yellow lemons...for Rich, well (sorry, three stooges...) it is a new chainsaw on a stick...but that's a story for another day!
I hope your Sunday has been one of many blessings!!