Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Ramblings...

Nicole spent the weekend at the condo with her two college friends Elizabeth and Shannon.  The three had tons to catch up on...and so we got some bonus time with Claire while they hung out at the beach and went to dinner in the evenings. Now it is Sunday afternoon and I want to curl up and take a nap...however,our pastor's wife has just published her 4th book... FLASHPOINT ...and I want to go to the book signing this afternoon buy her book...have her sign it...and then beat a hasty path to Starbucks to get a caramel white chocolate mocha frappuccino...and then relax the afternoon away reading a book written by someone I know...which is such a cool thing to me.


Tomorrow, however, is a day of reckoning for me and my lazy ways of summer!  I am getting on the scale and facing the music of too many plates of pasta while in Italy and yes... too many afternoon pick-me-ups at Starbucks : )... I am going to either a) rent out the extra 5 (may be 7 by now) pounds to someone,
or b) start exercising and stop eating!  I am serious about this or I wouldn't be writing about it here.  Someone said this is what happens when you "get older"...I no longer talk to that person (just kidding)...but I refuse to cave in to this mentality!! So I will pull out my funny-looking but very effective Skechers tennis shoes and hit the walking park in the morning and not go anywhere near Starbucks!! I will also be back to write more about our trip and I will tell the story of Barcelona and the pickpocket who now owns a very cute Vera Bradley travel wallet!


Seriously...did Chelsea just dish up a bowl of ice cream right in front of me...this is my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment