Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Life is a Whirlwind

Life is a whirlwind right now...as some of my friends like to say... I am busy burning the rubber on the highways of north Florida and Alabama!!  I got a Claire fix last week (they don't last very long though). I drove up Wednesday and we enjoyed an evening at home...Nicole made a super cute apron (this after a full day of teaching...I wish I had that energy back)!!   Nicole and I took Claire to the Botanical Garden in Birmingham on Thursday afternoon...a must-see if you've never been or it's been awhile!!  It was a beautiful day and once we got her to wake up we got some sweet little pictures



On Friday I drove over to Auburn and went to an award ceremony for Chelsea.  She is working so hard  and received an outstanding freshman award for straight A's in the College of Science and Math!! She had just finished a tough week of tests, a paper, and a presentation so she was operating on sleep deprivation and brain overload!!  We were able to have lunch before the convocation and then a trip to Starbucks helped to  wake her up a bit, so we went to the Arboretum and took some pictures.  At 5:30 I headed for home.


On Saturday morning (at 5:00 am) Katelyn left with the Beta Club from Mosley High for Orlando, FL!  We were up til midnight Friday night packing.. and got back up at 4:00 am... but I am certain Katelyn slept in the car in anticipation of her afternoon at Magic Kingdom...meanwhile...Nicole and David and Claire popped into town to attend a 50th wedding anniversary celebration for David's grand parents. 


On Sunday, we took Claire out to Carillon and enjoyed a little time at the beach!   I can't wait till she returns this summer and we can introduce her to swimming!!  By Sunday night though I was tired to put it mildly...with Katelyn out of town,  Rich and I decided to stay at the condo and relax..


Lately, life has been busy...but grand!

1 comment:

  1. Claire is just beautiful! I love her with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete